How To Find Contracts To Tender For
How do you find Contracts to Tender for?
We’re professional tender writers helping businesses to win tenders. Here we suggest several ways to find public sector contracts to tender for, as well as offering suggestions to help you find private sector contracts.
How do you find out about contracts that you can bid for?
• You can identify public sector contracts to tender for easily as legally they have to be advertised
• You can find contracts to tender for by monitoring online tender notices
• To start off with, try the government’s Contracts Finder website
• You can search for higher value contracts on the EU’s Ted – Tenders Electronic Daily website.
You can also try other public sector portals where you will find contract opportunities from organisations such as local authorities, housing associations, NHS Trusts, schools and colleges.
On these portals you can create a free account and set up tender alerts. You can also set up a profile so that public sector buyers can find your service or product.
Finding out about private sector contracts is not so easy but there are a number of ways:
• Building good relationships with your customers is the obvious one.
• Research tender opportunities outside your business sector, providing a source of secondary contracts, for instance a new office block will require office equipment, desks, carpets, signage, stationery, cleaning service, security and grounds maintenance.
• Some larger organisations act almost like the public sector and advertise their contracts for example the utilities and public transport operators.
• Keep developing your business network and continually pick up market intelligence via your business contacts.
If this sounds all too difficult there are tender notification services which send you aggregated tender opportunities based on your profile settings.
Once you become familiar with the process you’ll be surprised at the amount of opportunities that are out there and available to you.
Take the first step to putting your business in control of the tendering process…
Talk to Winning Tenders about a Tender Readiness Check >>>