NHS England London Region are looking to commission a new service provider for the delivery of Section 7A immunisation programmes in the London Borough of Wandsworth. The commissioned service provider will be expected to deliver a range of community and school aged immunisations to those eligible in the London Borough. The immunisation programmes set within the Section 7A portfolio include:
Community delivery model
1. Neonatal BCG immunisation programme (for those at risk of exposure and/or TB infection aged 0-5 years, in line with Green Book recommendations)
School based delivery model
2. Seasonal childhood influenza immunisation programme (Reception, Schools Years 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5) * The implementation of this programme is phased, therefore it is expected additional school cohorts will be added in subsequent years)
3. Adolescent MenACWY immunisation programme
4. Adolescent School Leaver Booster- Td/IPV (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Polio)
5. Adolescent Girls HPV immunisation programme
6. Adolescent MMR “catch-up” immunisation programme (this includes checking immunisation status, and if uncertain or incomplete to administer MMR1/MMR2)
In 2019, two additional immunisation programmes will be added to the Section 7A portfolio that will also require school delivery. These include
7. Adolescent Boys HPV immunisation programme
8. Extension to the seasonal childhood Influenza immunisation programme to include School Year 6.
The contract term is for a period of three (3) years with a possible extension, at the commissioners discretion, of 1 year. The contract value is based on current investment of £248,794 pa (total contract value including extension options of £995, 176). To note, current investment, as described, does not take into account additional tariff based investment for the delivery of the selective (at risk) neonatal BCG immunisation programme for those aged 0-5 years and opportunistic (catch-up) MMR immunisation in schools for adolescents presenting with an uncertain or incomplete immunisation status. For these programmes, the investment is based on a tariff priced at £10.06 per dose of vaccine administered.
During 2019, additional investment in the school aged immunisation programmes will be made by NHS England given the extension to the seasonal childhood influenza programme to include School Year 6 AND the introduction of the adolescent Boys HPV immunisation programme from September 2019. At the time of writing, the level of investment for these two programmes has not been confirmed by NHS England.
NHS England London Region will be holding an engagement event as follows:
27 February 2019 09.30 -13.00hrs at Etc Venues Avonmouth House, 6 Avonmouth St, London SE1 6NX.
For more details on this advert and to register you places please refer to the attached documents below.