The Department requires the provision of a range of electronic academic and scientific journal collections covering the department’s policy interests. This should act as a ‘one stop shop’ for the Department’s journal access requirements. The core content offering should be:
– Accessible to multiple users concurrently, but allowing for growth in usage.
– Academic scientific evidence only.
– Integrated electronic access to other, specific journals where needed and where not covered by the core offering.
– Integrated electronic open access content.
– Policy-relevant research content relevant to all DfE policy areas including early years, schools, further education, higher education and children’s services.
– A high level of full-text access.
– UK and international English-language evidence.
– Management data on usage including search terms.
– It should be possible to click a link, and be taken straight to a specific search in the portal without having to log on