The main aim of the work is to support the work of a RE/universities expert group convened:
• To appraise critically the concept of the “entrepreneurial-university eco-system”.
• To develop a model of its intended outcomes (related to new technology/knowledge-based firm formation), key components (ingredients to entrepreneurship) and key policies and processes (eg enablers, linkages) – what it is, how it works, what it achieves, how it developed and how it can be improved.
• To test the model in a likely well developed eco-system: greater London.
• To advise Research England on the applicability of the model beyond London.
• To identify further steps that might be taken collaboratively across the London university sector and its eco-system to achieve better outcomes. Longer term impacts may include increased R&D intensity in the UK economy, improved international comparative advantage in knowledge/technology intensive start up and scale up, growth and productivity.
This tender is to secure appropriate experts to support the first stage of the project.
Please ensure you review all attached information to ensure a full understanding of this requirement. All attachments can be found with the RFx attachments tab within the Emptoris System.
This contract will be awarded based on the evaluation criteria set out in the ITQ document.