The Coal Authority is looking for specialist contractors to undertake ground investigation work within the coalfields of Great Britain. The works specification will be the UK Specification for Ground Investigation, Second edition including additions and amendments. Safe working platforms for plant and labour, designed to span potential collapse zones, will need to be provided as works require. Successful contractors will enter into a NEC3 Framework Contract with the Authority, Contractors Offers for individual work packages under the framework will be awarded under the NEC3 Engineering & Construction Short Contract.
Ground investigations works will be specified by the Authority and its consultants for projects resulting from and associated with:
• Ground collapses and / or building damage attributable to recorded and / or unrecorded coal mining
• Construction of minewater treatment schemes
• Assessment of ground conditions on property owned and / or rented by the Authority
The Coal Authority shall be tendering a framework for the provision of ground investigation works within the following regions and tenderers may bid for all regions or the region(s) of their choice.
• Region 1 – Scotland East & West
• Region 2 – Northumberland, Durham & Cumbria
• Region 3 – North & West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire (Barnsley, Sheffield, Rotherham & Doncaster)
• Region 4 – Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Shropshire, West Midlands, Warwickshire,Herefordshire & Worcestershire
• Region 5 – North & South Wales, Pembrokeshire, North Gloucestershire (Forest of Dean), Cheshire&Lancashire
The Coal Authority may enter into a multi provider framework agreement awarding a contract of up to three suppliers per region to ensure sufficient resources and to minimise the risk of non-performance and taking into account the most economically advantageous option. The framework will be for the period 01 August 2019 to31 July 2023 and services called off as part of this contract will be undertaken in accordance with the NEC3Framework Contract and the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Short Contract and further details can be found at www.neccontract.com