The purpose of this CTS is to provide support and technical advice to RWM as the groundwater flow and contaminant transport activities described in Section 1 are carried out using PFLOTRAN. This advice is expected to include:
• The theory of groundwater flow and contaminant transport modelling (including chemistry, heat and salt transport, fracture modelling etc.);
• Use of the PFLOTRAN code, including the provision of advice on how to model specific situations relating to the generic geologies or SDM (including potential updates to the PFLOTRAN source code and re-compilation of the code, should the need arise);
• The processing and manipulation of site characterisation data for use in PFLOTRAN models (including support in the production or checking of such data for the generic geologies);
• Methods for the visualisation of input and output data;
• The abstraction of data for use in performance assessment models; and
• Expert review of the models produced by RWM.
A large component of this will be the provision of on-call support, as well as requests for expert advice in particular areas. Given the difficulty in predicting the complexity and frequency of requests for support, it is anticipated that this contract would take the form of a call-off contract following the timescales specified in Section 9, with a specified maximum purchase order value, to be billed on an ‘as used’ time and materials basis with RWM only paying for those hours actually used under the Contract.