HMRC requires a suitable supplier(s) who can demonstrate their ability to provide a flexible cabling service which best meets the specification of requirements. The supplier should be able to provide a structured cabling system which incorporates the following elements:
– Fault Call Out Service – an engineer on site to replace/repair data outlets (in and out of normal business hours fixing typically 1 to 2 ports).
– Next Day Response Service.
– Installation Service – to install data ports based on a price banding of 1-10 ports, 11-20 ports and 21-50 ports.
– Site Surveys for large scale installations.
– Modem / Router Analysis – Broadband and Modem Routers in offices are to be visited in HMRC locations, for analysis of problem and break/fix.
– Provide, when requested Wifi Radio Frequency Surveys and installation of Wifi access points and supporting cabling infrastructure.
– Routine annual maintenance & audits of an agreed portfolio of sites, to include cable testing and recommendation.
The actual spend of 3 000 000 GBP will be demand led and could result in a lower spend. Provision of Electrical Power / earth bonding are specifically excluded from the scope as these are managed by others. Network designs, configuration and installation of Network hardware is excluded.