NHS England has a statutory responsibility, under the S7A Public Health Functions Agreement, to commission high quality, safe and effective immunisation programmes that meets the health needs of the local population. Within this, NHS England London Region are looking to commission a new community and school aged immunisation service provider to deliver a range of immunisation programmes within the London Borough of Wandsworth. The commissioned provider will be required to deliver the following immunisation programmes to all those eligible (including those who are home schooled and those in the care of the local authority) in all schools and in the community setting in the London Borough:
1. Selective BCG immunisation programme for those at an increased risk of developing severe disease and/or of exposure to TB infection aged 0-5 years.
2. Seasonal childhood influenza immunisation programme, including those in Reception and School Years 1 through to 6. * To note, the implementation of this programme is phased; additional school cohorts will be added in subsequent years with additional investment in the service being made available at the time.
3. Adolescent Meningococcal ACWY immunisation programme
4. Adolescent School Leaver Booster – Td/IPV (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Polio)
5. Adolescent HPV immunisation programme for girls
6. Adolescent HPV immunisation programme for boys
7. Adolescent MMR “catch up” immunisation programme for those with uncertain or incomplete MMR immunisation status
The term of the contract is for three (3) years with a possible extension of one year at the discretion of the commissioner. The indicative total financial envelope over the term of the contract including extension options is £1,189,048. To note there will be additional investment made available on a cost per item basis (£10.08 per dose) for the selective community BCG immunisation programme and the MMR “catch-up” immunisation programme. Latest activity (uptake figures) for these programmes are 200 doses of BCG and 207 doses of MMR. Providers will be required to invoice NHS England London Region directly for this activity. All KPIs in which the commissioned providers will be required to meet will be confirmed in the service specification. There are three KPIs for each immunisation programme. The contract start date for the service is 8 July 2019.
Bidders should respond to this opportunity by completing the online questionnaire published on the Authority’s e-procurement portal (the “Portal”) – ProContract (hosted by Proactis). All clarification requests and correspondence pertaining to this ITT opportunity must be directed through the Portal. Bidders are required to register on the Portal prior to accessing the documentation. The deadline for submissions to be received is 4 April 2019 at 12:00 noon