Although we don’t deal with tenders like this, they’re undoubtedly popular in the US – see our previous blog.
Our well-known (to those we work with) Tender Readiness Checklist (TRC) has been given a makeover for the first time in more than 3 years.
The TRC is a vital part of our business: it’s the checklist we use when onboarding a new customer.
If we’re going to write a bid for you, we need to know all about your business as well as your capabilities relevant to a particular Invitation to Tender.
The TRC covers just about anything that we might need to include in a bid to help you win a valuable contract. We might not need it all right away but, the more information you can let us have, the better – it will save us having to ask you next time.
There are 8 sections:
1. Company Information – 23 pieces of vital information about your company ranging from your VAT number and DUNS number (don’t worry if you don’t know it – we’ll get it for you) to your Mission Statement and what’s special about what you do that your customers appreciate.
2. Compliance Issues – Financial (the last 3 years’ audited accounts as PDFs), insurance cover details and certificates
3. Staff including Supervision and Management – Career summaries of key people, your Organisational Chart and good images of key personnel, people at work and buildings/vehicles/operational environment as appropriate.
4. HR – includes company/employee handbook, procedures for recruitment, discipline, training and development, TUPE experience and pensions.
5. Policies and Procedures – covering Equal Opportunities, Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, IT Security, Environment, Sustainability, Implementation Planning, Disaster Recovery and Social Value.
6. Accreditations – your Quality, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety certificates plus sector specific (CHAS, SafeContractor, Constructionline etc ) and details of any relevant trade association or other memberships.
7. Quality – the opportunity to show your strengths in Quality Management, Complaints Policy, Client Relationship Management and any awards your business is proud of.
8. Competences – your Technical Capabilities, Key Industries served/targeted together with at least three good references, Case Studies and client testimonials.
Don’t be put off by all this: it’s vital material that helps us to help you grow your business and we work with you to gather the details in a way that makes it as painless as possible. We set up an initial telephone meeting with Trevor, our QA Assessor, and you can either email the documentation to us or upload it to the online bid library that we set up for you.
The beauty of the bid library is that everything is kept in one place, updated as necessary when certificates expire: both you and we have access to it so that we can be ready for that dream contract opportunity when it comes along. If we don’t think it’s for you we’ll do our best to put you off (we’re proud of our win rate!).
The TRC is at the heart of what we do at Winning Tenders and, in the latest version, we’ve managed to cut down the number of pages yet it covers more ground. How did we do that? Call us and we’ll explain!
For our revised TRC document then click below and request a copy.