NHS Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) seeks expressions of interest from suitably qualified organisations that have the necessary capability and capacity to provide Initial Health Assessments (IHAs) for Children in Care (Looked After Children) in Gloucestershire.
The service will contribute to improved health outcomes for Children in Care (Looked After Children) by:
• Undertaking a child/young person centred holistic assessment identifying mental health, behavioural, physical and emotional health needs;
• Developing a health plan to meet those needs;
• Offering effective advice on health promotion;
• Providing a positive experience of health services for Children in Care (Looked After Children) so that they are not deterred from using health services in the future;
• Working in collaboration with the Children in Care Health Team, Commissioners (Designated Doctor & Nurse) and other partner agencies.
The successful bidder(s) will provide appropriately trained staff to undertake consistently good quality health assessments in accordance with Department of Health Statutory Guidance on Promoting the Health and Well-being of Looked After Children, 2015.
The present service is provided from a single location by a Gloucester City GP practice under a contract which ends on 31 March 2019. Applicants may apply to provide the service from one or more locations in Gloucestershire.
NHS Gloucestershire CCG is seeking to enter into a contract with the preferred bidder for an initial period of 3-years with an option to extend for a further 2-year period.
Please note the contract value stated on this advert is for the initial 3-year contract period and is based on current and future expected activity levels, so should be considered as an indicative figure.
Organisations interested in providing this service should register on the In-Tend e-procurement portal (https://in-tendhost.co.uk/gloucestershireccg) and express interest no later than 5pm, Monday 3 December 2018. Associated Invitation to Tender (ITT) documentation will then be made available for bidding organisations to access. Completed ITT submissions must be returned via the In-Tend portal no later than noon, Wednesday 12 December 2018.