This tender is for the provision of network and server support including security and resilience to provide additional support to the in house ICT team who support the Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFA) and the Thames Valley Fire Control Service (TVFCS). It is estimated that the total contract value will not exceed £155k between 1st December 2018 to 31st March 2021.
The purpose of this contract is to ensure that both services which form part of the Royal Berkshire Fire Authority, the legal entity, have the required network and service resources 24/7, 365 days a year in place; thus a supplier is required whom can provide the necessary cover around the clock if required. The service requirement is therefore to work alongside the in house ICT team to:
• Deliver specific network and server related projects
• Advise and implement adequate security measures to protect the authority and its systems.
• Work closely with the RBFRS senior infrastructure officer on the maintenance and support of the server and business continuity infrastructure
• Provide additional capacity within the ICT team and provide a skills transfer
• Provide an out of hour’s resilience service to support both TVFCS and RBFA. 24/7, 365.
The successful organisation will be expected to demonstrate it has the capacity to offer this service with their own team, which can include the use of associates provided their work is covered by the main organisation’s public liability. There must also be no one individual spending the majority of their contracted working hours supporting this contract.