Hampshire County Council invites applications from suitably experienced organisations who wish to be considered for selection to tender for the Regency Landscape Revealed works at Staunton Country Park.
The overall project vision looks to see the Grade II* Registered landscape of Staunton Country Park restored to reflect its former glory and for it to be shared with the thousands of visitors who will understand the story of the unique Regency park. The hidden and underappreciated heritage of the park will be revealed through urgently needed landscape restoration works and conservation of the park’s key buildings and historic features. Improved access combined with new interpretation and facilities will welcome visitors and users; encouraging them to explore, enjoy, understand and become involved with the park.
The primary construction works can be summarised as follows:
• Conservation repairs and refurbishment of a Grade II listed Victorian Coach House to create a café and visitor centre.
• Conservation repairs and conversion of a Victorian stable block into public toilets.
• Conservation repairs to a series of Grade II and II* listed 19th Century follies.
• Feature stone paving to mark out the footprint of a large mansion which once stood on the site.
• Clearance of vegetation deemed inappropriate to the planting scheme.
• Tree and shrub planting to restore the Regency planting scheme.
• Resurfacing of existing paths and construction of new paths.
• Construction of a large new car park
• Associated external works (drainage, fencing, wall repairs, street furniture etc.).
The project is split in to 4 Sections:
• Section 1 – Stable Block and Victorian Coach House
• Section 2 – Car park and Middle Highway works
• Section 3 – Landscape works including Follies (Beacon, Shell house, Fort and Chinese Bridge)
• Section 4 – Above Ground Vegetation Clearance.
Interested parties should register their interest in the project via the In-Tend website https://in-tendhost.co.uk/hampshire, and complete and submit the tender return document together with any supporting information requested by 2pm Friday 30th November 2018