The Forestry Commission is inviting tenders for a contractor specialising in heritage restoration to undertake the restoration and conservation of part of the existing c.1881 agricultural barn to create a new Demonstration Area.
We are looking for one contractor to:
• Repair and restore the structure’s existing stone walls and pillars
• Reinstate the structure’s roof, including the construction of the timber trusses and members and supply and installation of (Cardinal) roof tiles which must be in-keeping with the existing structure
• Installation of Lindab rainwater goods
• Installation of roof lights
• Installation of a power supply, lighting and power outlets
All works must be completed as specified in the tender documents.
Please express your interest in this tender to Chloe Gilbert (Project Officer) by email by the 3 January 2019 at 5pm.
The contract start date is 28th January 2019, however the successful contractor may request for the date to be brought forward provided that all pre-commencement tasks (including Health and Safety requirements) have been completed.