The scope of the pilot programme will be limited to matching UK space companies with global corporates operating in Japan, in one industry, to be identified collaboratively by the UK Space Agency and the chosen supplier.
The pilot programme should be completed in FY 2019/2020.
The estimated value of the requirement is £80,000.00 excluding VAT
A more detailed scope will be available following pre market engagement however, the supplier will be responsible for:
– Identifying, in collaboration with the UK Space Agency, the industry to be targeted in Japan.
– Selecting, subject to a review process by the UK Space Agency, the corporates to be included in the programme.
– Working with the corporate to understand the issues they are facing.
– Identifying UK space companies with solutions that could resolve (or could be adapted to resolve) this issue.
– Bringing together the corporate and identified UK space companies in an innovation/problem solving setting to allow the corporate to select UK space companies as potential solution providers to resolve the issue they are facing.
– Working with UK space companies selected by the corporate to adapt their products to best meet the requirements of the corporate, and then to be marketable to additional non-space market(s) facing the same or similar issues.
A key objective of the pre market engagement day is determine the scope of the pilot programme vs the full Space for Global Corporates initiative. Based on the outcome of the pre market engagement the scope of the pilot programme may be adapted to remove some of the above.
1. Supplier Day
This Prior Information Notice is being issued in order to undertake a market consultation exercise with regards to the current view of requirements detailed above. If you believe that this will be of interest to you and your organisation, please register your interest by sending an email to the following email address: email@example.com
By registering and attending you will be engaging in non-competitive dialogue which will enable UKSA to develop and assess the market’s appetite, concerns, and views on formulation of its requirements.
The supplier engagement day will be held at: UK Space Agency, 10 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0NN on Tuesday 6th August 2019 from 2pm until 4pm
Please register by Friday 2nd August @ 12:00hrs GMT providing the names of the representatives attending. Please note that this event is restricted to two representatives attending per supplier.
The format of the Supplier Day will be confirmed in advance and an agenda of the day will be provided.
UKSA may consider information and responses received as part of the preliminary market consultation to help inform UKSA’s options and further decision making in relation to the planning and conduct of the proposed procurement.
For the avoidance of doubt, this notice is not a Call for Competition; a Contract Notice will be issued as a call for competition. Not registering an interest shall not prevent any supplier participating in a potential future procurement, nor is it intended that any information supplied as part of preliminary market consultation shall place any supplier at an advantage in a potential procurement process. Participation in preliminary market consultation will be at each supplier’s own cost.